“How do you follow up a hit product like the iPhone 4? … With the iPhone 4s.”, said Schiller from Apple.
So it’s official folks – iPhone 4S World Phone it is.
– Voice assistant: Siri, an intelligent assistant.
– Dual Core A5 chip with up to 7x faster graphics. Amazing for games.
– 1GB RAM
– New antenna will intelligently switch between two antennas to transmit and receive. Better call quality and faster data. Downlink speeds are double the iPhone 4. 5.8 up, 14.4 down
– Improved battery life. 8 hours of 3G talk time, 10 hours of video.
– Unified CDMA and GSM devices into a single world phone.
– 8 megapixel sensor that shoots 3264×2448. Backside illumination with a sensor that gathers 72 percent more light. Hybrid IR filter for better color accuracy. 5 element lens that offers 30 percent more sharpness, f/2.4 aperture.
– 1080p HD video recording. Video image stabilizer. Temporal noise reduction.
16GB for $199*
32GB for $299*
64GB for $399*
iPhone 4 for $99*, 8GB only.
iPhone 3Gs, 8GB for free*.
Carriers: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint.
Pre-orders: 7th Oct.
Availability: 14th Oct.
Eventually iPhone will be in 70 countries, on 100 carriers.
iPhone 5 – Not yet.
iPhone 5, So where the bloody hell are you?
Well, you are not alone.
The iPhone 5 (or the iPhone 4S or the iPhone 5 mini or the iPhone 4 8GB) is easily the most awaited phone of the year and for good reasons. The new addition to the iPhone family is expected to sport a host of new improvements, including an A5 dual-core processor, a larger screen, an 8-megapixel camera, full HD video recording and a new slim design. There are others out there who are suggesting that the new iPhone will be a hotted up iPhone 4 or even just a cheaper more affordable iPhone 4 with an 8GB flash-drive.
At present all the iPhone-5-release-date-rumours point to 7th of October, 2011. And the latest piece of news is that Sprint has scheduled a “Strategy presentation” event for the media members on October 7 simply adding more fuel to the rumours that the iPhone 5 could be coming any time soon.
Apple, of course, hasn’t even confirmed the existence of a next generation iPhone. All eyes are on Tim Cook, the new CEO of Apple Inc. Hopefully he won’t disappoint us all as we eagerly await the iPhone 5.
Until then all we can say is, “iPhone 5, So where the bloody hell are you?”
UPDATES: iPhone4S announced, iPhone5 not yet.
A cheaper Apple iPhone 4 8GB?
Reuters has reported that Apple’s Asian suppliers have begun manufacturing a cheaper version of the iPhone 4 with a 8GB flash-drive.
In a separate story Reuters also reported that Apple is targeting an end-September launch for the next-generation iPhone 5, confirming our previous post.
We had also posted earlier that the major carriers in Australia have dropped their prices on the iPhone 3GS deals and plans, now we wonder with the coming of the new iPhone 4 8GB, will the carriers reprice the plans and deals for the iPhone 16GB and the 32 GB models too?
If you are in the market to buy a new mobile I would watch this space as the mobile price wars are going to begin all over again.